Prof Anil Gupta and Haiyan Wang have co-authored several highly influential books including The Quest for Global Dominance, Getting China and India Right, and The Silk Road Rediscovered. Aside from being co-authors, they have also shared the stage many times to impart valuable insights.
Prof Anil Gupta is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and globalisation. He is currently the Professor of Strategy and Organization as well as Research Director at the Center for International Business Education & Research at The University of Maryland. He also serves as chief advisor to The China India Institute, a Washington DC-based research and consulting organization.
Anil Gupta is the author, coauthor or coeditor of several highly acclaimed books like “The Silk Road Rediscovered”, “Getting China and India Right”, “Global Strategies for Emerging Asia” and “The Quest for Global Dominance”, to name a few. He also serves as a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, as a Contributing Editor for Chief Executive Magazine, and as a contributor to HBR.org. His writings have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Chief Executive Magazine, Daily Telegraph, China Daily, Economic Times, and other outlets.
Anil Gupta is one of the 3 professors in the world to have been elected by his peers as a Lifetime Fellow of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Academy of International Business. His other honors include:
- “Best Professor in Strategic Management” (CMO Asia)
- Outstanding Faculty (BusinessWeek)
- one of the world’s “most influential living management thinkers” (Thinkers50)
- one of the world’s “superstars” on “Innovation in Emerging Economies” (The Economist )
- one of the world’s “100 most influential prof
essors of entrepreneurship” (The UK-based HotTopics)
- induction into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame
- “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization (Management International Review).
As a speaker, Anil Gupta’s highly captivating, insightful and thought-provoking presentations cover the topics:
- Global Strategy in the Age of China and India
- Changing the Rules of the Global Game
- Building and Exploiting Global Presence
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Leveraging Synergies Across Businesses
Haiyan Wang is managing partner of the China India Institute, a Washington, D.C. based research and advisory organization with a focus on creating winning global strategies, organizations, and mindsets that leverage the transformational rise of emerging markets. She has also been an adjunct professor of strategy at INSEAD. Haiyan has been listed by Thinkers50 in “On the Guru Radar” and has been named a “new guru” by The Economic Times. She co-writes a regular column for Bloomberg Businessweek, blogs for Harvard Business Review, and is the co-author of three highly acclaimed books: The Silk Road Rediscovered: How Indian and Chinese Companies Become Globally Stronger by Winning in Each Other’s Markets, Getting China and India Right, and The Quest for Global Dominance.
Haiyan Wang’s speaking topics include:
- China 2020 – What Lies Ahead
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Global Trends and Game Changers
- Getting China and India Right
- Dragons and Tigers on the Global Stage—What It Means to You