Prof. Anil Gupta sat down with CCTV news shared his views regarding the 6.5% growth rate and predictions for the economy in the next 5-10 years in China. In the clip below, Prof. Gupta enumerates construction and auto sectors as sectors that will experiences cutbacks or slowing while healthcare, finance, travel and tourism will be on the growth side.
Check out the rest of the clip to learn more:
Prof. Anil Gupta is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and globalisation. He is currently the Professor of Strategy and Organization as well as Research Director at the Center for International Business Education & Research at The University of Maryland. He also serves as chief advisor to The China India Institute, a Washington DC-based research and consulting organization.
Prof. Anil Gupta is the author, coauthor or coeditor of several highly acclaimed books like “The Silk Road Rediscovered”, “Getting China and India Right”, “Global Strategies for Emerging Asia” and “The Quest for Global Dominance”, to name a few. He also serves as a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek, as a Contributing Editor for Chief Executive Magazine, and as a contributor to HBR.org. His writings have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Chief Executive Magazine, Daily Telegraph, China Daily, Economic Times, and other outlets.
Prof. Anil K. Gupta is one of the 3 professors in the world to have been elected by his peers as a Lifetime Fellow of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Academy of International Business. His other honors include:
- “Best Professor in Strategic Management” (CMO Asia)
- Outstanding Faculty (BusinessWeek)
- one of the world’s “most influential living management thinkers” (Thinkers50)
- one of the world’s “superstars” on “Innovation in Emerging Economies” (The Economist )
- one of the world’s “100 most influential prof
essors of entrepreneurship” (The UK-based HotTopics)
- induction into the Academy of Management Journals’ Hall of Fame
- “North American Superstar” for research in strategy and organization (Management International Review).
As a speaker, Dr. Anil Gupta’s highly captivating, insightful and thought-provoking presentations cover the topics:
- Global Strategy in the Age of China and India
- Changing the Rules of the Global Game
- Building and Exploiting Global Presence
- Cultivating a Global Mindset
- Leveraging Synergies Across Businesses