Allard Nooy helps businesses and teams prepare to transform business models and growth strategies.
With globalization, a retracting European market and still abundant growth-opportunities in Asia, the world is transforming and advanced technology is accelerating this change. Competition comes from unexpected angles and disrupts once successful business models and growth strategies. Rapidly changing social, technological and global market environments are threatening the viability of established businesses and the options they need to consider in order to survive and thrive.
Teams and businesses need to be prepared developing growth strategies or transformation processes to stay ahead of the competition and be (disruptive) innovators.
Allard has over 25 years of extensive strategic executive leadership experience in the environmental, renewable energy and infrastructure sector in emerging markets. He successfully developed, acquired and implemented Companies throughout the Asia Pacific region over the last 20 years. This included both “start-ups” as well as developing and implementing growth strategies and managing companies to the “next level up”. This has included the implementation of restructuring and turn-around of businesses.
Allard is Managing Director of MARKLAND Infrastructure Asia (MIA), a Management Consultancy providing Clients with strategic and operational advice ranging from market entry strategies in Asian emerging markets, the implementation of green field projects, M&A, to the transformation and turnarounds of existing businesses.
Allard calls Asia home and has lived in Vietnam, Mainland China, India and Hong Kong SAR and has done projects in Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- CEO of JITF Water Infrastructure Ltd and JITF Urban Infrastructure Ltd, based in New Delhi, India. Both companies are part of the OP Jindal Group, a US$ 20 bn. and India’s 4th largest conglomerate.
- President Asia Pacific (based in Shanghai) with Covanta Energy Corporation, the world largest Energy from Waste Company and listed on the NYSE. Responsible for the region with operations in India, China, Bangladesh and the Philippines with various Joint Venture Companies and responsible for IPP projects with an installed capacity of approx. 900 MW.
- Regional Director Greater China at Thames Water International (the 3rd world largest private water company). His responsibilities included the provision of strategic management and leadership to seven joint-ventures in China.
- Regional Senior Executive positions at Leighton in Asia, Australia’s largest engineering and contracting group.
- General Manager of Vermeer – Ballast Nedam, an international EPC group. Based in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam. In that capacity, he started the business from scratch, developed, led and closed financing and implementation of major water supply and solid waste management and renewable energy projects.
Allard holds a Bachelor of Science (Eng) in engineering management and an MBA in international business.