During the firechat of the event, the following topics around future talents were discussed:
- How can we make sure the next generation is equipped with skills required to solve these societal and environmental potential risks?
- Is the general public well educated to acknowledged the risks?
- Is educational institutions putting enough effort or have enough resources to work on technology and knowledge transfer?
- Are we keeping up with the speed of technological advancement? Could the participation of tech company contribute to better talent cultivation?
An award-winning global thought leader with experience in strategy, immigration policy, finance, globalization, turnarounds, and crisis management, Michele Wucker draws on three decades in media and non-profit management and policy development. Her third book is THE GRAY RHINO: How to Recognize and Act on the Obvious Dangers We Ignore, which grew out of a presentation at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland in which she coined the term “gray rhino” for highly probable, high impact crisis events. The book has received praise from business, policy, and thought leaders around the world and influenced policy debates at the highest levels. Michele founded Gray Rhino & Company in 2015 to help leaders and organizations to identify and strategize responses to gray rhino risks that are neglected despite -and all too often because of- their size.
Michele has been recognized as a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum and a Guggenheim Fellow, among other honors. Her previous leadership positions include Vice President for Studies at The Chicago Council on Global Affairs; President of the World Policy Institute, which she re-launched in 2007 in a dramatic turnaround; and Latin America Bureau Chief at International Financing Review. She also has taught master’s students at the School for International and Public Affairs at Columbia University, of which she is an alumna. An engaging keynote speaker, moderator, panelist, and facilitator, she has delivered presentations in 16 countries on five continents. She lives in Chicago.
Michele‘s speaking topics are:
- Gray Rhino-Proofing Your Future: A New Way To Think About Risk And Response
- Demographic Gray Rhinos: Robots Meet Aging And Migration
- Beyond Kicking The Can: How To Stop Muddling And Innovate