Peter Geoffrey de Krassel, noted author, columnist, lecturer and international business entrepreneur based in Hong Kong, is a Contemporary Analyst on Sino-American relations and has an extensive background of experience and expertise in professional representation of American and Chinese corporate business interests in their efforts to bridge the gap between Eastern and Western Cultures.
During an international business career, which spans more than four decades, de Krassel has been an attorney, banker, political activist, consultant, entertainment industry executive, columnist, real estate broker, photographer, book author and service industry executive in the United States and Asia. An active lecturer, he travels extensively addressing corporate leaders and academics, trade associations and university students on the political sensitivities of doing business in China.
de Krassel is the author of the “Custom Maid for New World Disorder” trilogy. The books include: Custom Maid Spin for New World Disorder (2004)which addresses the self-destructive cultural, sexual, religious and political hypocrisy in post September 11 America; Custom Maid Knowledge for New World Disorder (2007), in which he advocates the abolition of the U.N. and Interlocalism ─ the interaction between different local communities promoting their collective well-being with minimum government participation as the successor to globalization with America and China leading the way; and Custom Maid Revolution (2015). He is also the author of Custom Maid War for New Disorder (2005); a historical review and personal view of the tragic horrors of modern day wars; and Feasting Dragon, Starving Eagle (2009), an analysis of how China feeds on Washington and Wall Street policy mistakes and what we must do about it.
A native of London, England, de Krassel traveled extensively worldwide as his father was a correspondent with the BBC. His formal education was in Switzerland, Cyprus and Israel before emigrating to the U.S. in 1964 to attend college in New York. He was an honors graduate from California State University, Northridge where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science with studies in comparative governments of the Middle East and Sino-Soviet Communism. He subsequently received his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, at the Hastings College of Law of the University of California in San Francisco. While in college, he was a photographer at the infamous Democratic National Convention in Chicago (1968). Later, he would become very active in national politics, to include working in the presidential campaigns of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.
de Krassel’s multi-faceted international business career has included:
- An attorney with a national (U.S.) law firm specializing in banking and secured transactions
- Founding and heading his own law firm (de Krassel, Tierney & Cohen)
- Founding Counselors At Large, an international business and political strategic consulting firm advising clients in Asia, Middle East, Europe and the Americas on doing business in China
- Chief organizer and Board Member of Mercantile National Bank, largest initially capitalized bank in U.S. banking history when founded in 1980
- Founder of leading distributor of foreign television film and radio programs to China
- Founder of trade publications focusing on the cable and satellite industry
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ABC Radio Partners International
- Member of California’s Motion Picture Council and California Secretary of State’s Asian Task Force
In addition to writing books, columns for South China Morning Post, China Daily and guest columns, de Krassel is a political commentator on Hong Kong’s RTHK Radio, has three children and three grandchildren.